Sunday, August 24, 2014

Week Nine

Based on the multiple intelligences learning styles quiz on the Edutopia website, I am an Intrapersonal learner which is explained as:

Intrapersonal intelligence has been said to be the road to achievement, learning, and personal satisfaction. It is about being connected to who you are and how you feel, and knowing your own limits and abilities.Intrapersonal intelligence is involved in making decisions and setting goals for yourself, self-management, and self-reflection.”
I must say that this is indeed an accurate description of my own learning style as I constantly set goals for myself, I often reflect on what I have done and I am quite comfortable leaning in a quiet environment which allows me to think deeply about different issues.
This has been a very informative week for me as I have learned about the different learning styles, including mine. A teacher always has an idea about how different students learn, but the specific information from this week put everything into perspective. Indeed, I enjoyed the Nicenet discussion as I decided to connect the different learning styles to the web tools that we experienced during the course. It is quite rewarding to be able to read through the learning styles and automatically think of a web tool to go with it.
While searching through the internet for more information, I came across a Youtube Video that shows three learning styles with movie examples. I decided to share this as  I honestly think is quite amusing and puts stress on the learner styles.

For this week, I had to complete my final project plan draft. I must say that this was hard work and it requires great attention to details. Nonetheless, I enjoyed finishing the project and find it to be a relief since the school academic year is approaching quickly with only one week left.
All in all, I felt that most of the hard work is over, but I honestly do not want the course to end. Will there be a Web Skills Part Two? I can only wait and hope.

Nahla

4 comments:

  1. Dear Nahla,
    I do agree with that, the hardest part of the webcourse has been completed.
    During web course we have been benefited greatly, i was fasinated as many times by your dedication and strong commitment, your quotes inspired us during the course. Well done Nahla. i believe that you will benefit many students, and they are lucky to have you. Many thanks to Donna for her support. All teachers have done great work.
    i wish you a great success in your future career.
    Botir
    Uzbekistan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Botir,

      Thank you for reading my blog post for this week. I would like to also thank you for my kind comments regarding my performance in the course and my students. I do agree that Donna has supported us every step of the way.

      I wish you best of luck and success in your future career as well.

      Nahla

      Delete
  2. Dear Nahla,

    You are not only my partner of the first draft, but we have also similar teaching styles,as the quiz showed, I also have logical-mathematical intelligence on a smaller scale)))

    I love the video you shared with us, especially the second episode. The message of the cartoon is that a teacher can find an individual approach to every student and there are no untalented students.

    That's a good idea to have Web skills part 2, I would love to prolong our interaction and professional development.

    Thank you for everything!

    Sincerely,
    Satsita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Satsita,

      It is great to hear that we have similar teaching styles. Indeed, the video is very funny and it does explain each learner style in a great way.

      Thank you for being my partner and I wish you all the luck in the world in your future.

      Nahla

      Delete