Thursday, August 28, 2014

Week Ten

http://www.wordsonimages.com/pics/105602-Every+end+quote.jpg
I can hardly believe this is the end of the Building Teaching Skills Through the Interactive Web course, but as stated in the quote I chose for this week, it is a new beginning. I believe this course has been marvelous and very enlightening. I have learned something new in every week and I feel that the end of the course does not mean the end of learning new web tools that are available out there on the world wide web.

I have gained so much during these ten weeks, but I’ll try to briefly state what were the most useful for me:

  • Blogger: I have used blogs with my students, but I have learned how to create a community where each member reflects and comments on another person’s work.
  • Noodletools: this is a great list of search engines that I will be using.
  • Delicious: I have never used it prior to the course, but I have been using it ever since I learned about it.
  • WebQuest: This was my favorite in the whole process as it opened a whole new world of teaching to me. I will be using this with my students.
  • Rubistar: This was a marvelous tool to learn as it made rubrics much easier to create.
  • Interactive Power Point Presentations: This was also one of my favorites as I gained a whole new understanding of what a student centered presentation means.

These are only a few of the big number of tools that we had access to such as ANVILL, Hot Poatatoes, Padlet, and listening, speaking, reading and writing online tools. I cannot wait for the next academic year to begin in order to start experimenting with the different tools.

As all this journey comes to an end, I would like to express my deep gratitude to our instructor, Donna Shaw, who was there every step of the way. Although we did not meet face to face, I could tell she cares so much about the participants through her constant support and positive feedback throughout all this process. Donna, you have always told us how great we are doing, today, I would like to simply say thank you for all that you have done and for being a wonderful instructor. You really did a GREAT job!

I would like to thank my colleagues in the course. I do believe that because we had a chance to collaborate and work together, we became closer . I think the course wouldn’t be the same without that type of interaction. I wish everyone best of luck in their future and do hope we will get a chance to meet again.


Nahla

7 comments:

  1. Dear Nahla,

    I fully agree with you saying, that everybody of the participant of this course will continue the work of getting new web tools in his “skills box” and applying all this in practice.
    Thank you for your posts, they were always so intelligent (Could I show you the meaning of the word “intelligence” in Russian!) and nice.

    Thank you!

    Nadezda Yashchenko,
    Russia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Nadezda,

      Thank you for reading my blog for this final week and thank you for your kind comment regarding my posts. It has been a pleasure to get to know you. Please do teach me the word, I am intrigued.

      Thank you,
      Nahla

      Delete
  2. Dear Hahla,

    It is true that we have learnt something new every week and you are right that this is not the end of learning new Web tools, since there are many other ones waiting for us. Now the challenge is to keep looking for other web resources that fit our students´ learning styles and our teaching styles. I have always said that technology gives us pieces of puzzles and with them, we teachers have to create motivating and challenging learning materials for our students.

    Therefore, it is time to be innovative teachers 2.0 and thanks to this course will achieve that soon.

    Americo,
    Bolivia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Americo,

      I agree with you about looking for new web tools as there are so many of them that we do not know yet.

      Thank you for reading my post and I wish you best of luck.

      Nahla

      Delete
  3. Dear Nahla,
    Your ideas are great, and I honestly happy to be a part of this great learning with you and all participants of this course.
    I wish you a great time in your future career, i am sure your students will learn many things from you.
    Good Luck
    Botir
    Uzbekistan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Botir,

      I am glad to have met you in the course. Thank you for your kind comment and I wish you best of luck with everything that you do.

      Nahla

      Delete
  4. I'm personally a big fan of nahla1986 blog. Thanks for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete