Thursday, July 3, 2014

Week Two



This week, when our instructor, Donna, opened the session, the first task that I was automatically drawn to was the web searching discussion. I can honestly admit that I enthusiastically looked through all the search engines provided on the noodletools website, but a smile always appeared on my face when I saw Google mentioned. I am the biggest fan of Google and am very loyal to that search engine, therefore I shared my presentation regarding Google Search with my fellow participants in the course. I immediately began to get such positive and encouraging feedback from everyone which made my day. This only stresses the idea that “our goal is to help each other” from guidelines and ground rules for discussion from week one.I eagerly went through the search links provided by participants and read their feedback and can say that I have added some of these to my favorite links.


In the second assignment for this week, I described the classes that I teach with great detail. I love teaching and especially the classes that I mentioned as I admire their motivation and their high level of competitiveness. It does require a lot of preparation and I always have to be prepared for changes in my lesson plan, but it is most definitely worth it.

As for the last part of the assignment, I read through the articles and slideshare presentations which provide detailed instructions on how to write the ABCD Objective. What I found particularly useful is the"How to Write Clear Objectives" from Pennsylvania State University's Teaching and Learning office. This website provided clear examples of the ABCD model which made writing the objective much easier.

Since I feel that we are becoming a cooperative and encouraging community, a family, I opened a facebook group for our class (with the permission of our instructor of course). Please feel free to join in.

http://www.third-stone.co.uk/picts/community%20energy.jpg
Nahla

17 comments:

  1. Wow, I am really impressed with the presentation about Google search.
    You are so good at technology. I think I can learn a lot of things from what you shared with us. Thank you so much.

    Also, I cannot agree more with the idea that Google is the best engine search.

    Your hard work inspired me!!

    Kunie Kellem
    Japan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kunie,

      Thank you for taking the time to read my reflection and thanks you for your kind comments. Feel free to use whatever you want from the presentation.

      Nahla

      Delete
  2. Hi Nahla,

    Creating a facebook group for our class is a GREAT IDEA! We can keep in contact atfter finishing the course. Maybe we can think of the possibility of joining a community in google...what do you think?

    Ethel from Argentina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ethel,

      Thank you for joining the Facebook group. I hope others will join as well. The Google community would be a great idea. What platform can you suggest?

      Nahla

      Delete
    2. I am thinking facebook group is a great idea. Of course I will join it and once again - congratulations for your presentation about google search.

      Delete
    3. Thank you Petko for joining the group and thank you for your kind comment.

      Delete
  3. Thank you Nahla for your effort, I've already sent my request to the facebook group. Again, your presentation about google was excellent, very informative and not very long!
    Congrats! Very good reflection on the course.
    BegoƱa
    Spain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Begona,

      Thank you for joining our Facebook group. I'm happy to read your comments about my reflection and presentation. Thank you!

      Nahla

      Delete
  4. Hi Nahla,
    I like reading your well-organised and informative posts. I like the idea not only acquiring knowledge but also sharing with others what you know. I wish you good luck!

    By the way, I have already become a member of our new Facebook group))) Such a great idea! I found out, from your Facebook page, that we both participated in the same webinar "Shaping the Way We Teach English". It's a small world!

    Satsita, Kazakhstan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Satsita,

      Thank you for commenting on my reflection and for your wishes.

      I's great to have everyone on Facebook, welcome! Indeed, it is a small world. I took the Shaping the Way We Teach 11 and currently taking number 13, which one di you take? Do you know they also give the same as a course on Coursera? I just finished one. They are so informative and useful.

      Nahla

      Delete
    2. Wow! I took the Shaping the Way We Teach 12 and now I am on the way to finish #13, so Nahla I will be waiting for you next Wednesday in our last session).
      I have started Coursera, but was too busy at that time to continue it (I am so ashamed). Next time I will not repeat this mistake.

      Satsita

      Delete
    3. This is very exciting. I'll see you there on Wednesday.
      I missed shaping the way we teach 1, but now I've added it to my watch list. Maybe when it's available we can take it together.

      Nahla

      Delete
  5. Hi Nahla,
    I always enjoy reading your posts and learned a lot from you.
    It is very nice of you to share your Google search presentation.
    I agree that Google is the powerful and wonderful search engine.
    However, I also think Google is not perfect all the time.
    Therefore, I think users should select search engines according to their needs.
    Megumi
    Japan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megumi,

      Thank you for your comment. I agree with you that everyone should find the search engine that best suits the needs of their students.

      Nahla

      Delete
  6. Dear Nahla, I just love your comments and the amount of knowledge you have and you are willing to share. I am so happy I know about the Facebook group now. Thank you again:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Danka,

      Thank you for joining. I just added you tot he group and thank you for taking the time to read my reflection.

      Nahla

      Delete